If you ever need to cancel an event in Events Manager, it can be quite cumbersome to make sure you have done everything. This little add-on makes it extremely easy!
How it works…
Simply select the new post status “Cancelled”.
(You’ll find this in Quick Edit or the Event Edit Page.)
- All tickets will be cut-off immediately, so no new bookings can be made.
- All bookings will automatically be set to booking status “Rejected”.
- The email “Booking Rejected” will be automatically sent.
(Uses the mark-up in your EM Reservation Email Settings.)
- The new Event Category “Event Cancelled” is automatically set.
- Your event will still be publicly visible. The regular “Bookings are Closed” message will be displayed instead of your booking form, exactly the same as if you closed them manually. The event is not deleted, because deleting an event will also permanently delete all bookings info and create 404 errors, which is really bad for your SEO.
How to test it?
Simply create a test event like any other. Publish it and add yourself as a participant. Then set the test event to “Cancelled” and watch the magic happen.
- WordPress 5.4 (or higher).
- PHP 7.3 (or higher)
- Events Manager (free version) plugin installed & activated
This plugin does not require a license key to activate and use. You can use it without any warranty. Support is limited and through the WordPress Support Forum only.
Events Manager – Event Cancellation